Social guarantees to servicemen
A serviceman is entitled to:
- Acquire housing through participation in savings and mortgage system (Federal Law dated July 16, 1998 №102-FZ On Mortgage (mortgage security) (amended as of November 9, 2001; February 11, December 24, 2002; February 5, June 29, November 2, December 30, 2004);
- Compensation in the amount of RUR 600 for the serviceman and RUR 300 for each of his family members instead of an annual health resort treatment and organized vacation and the compensation of travel expenses to and from the place of main vacation equal to the actual travel expenses of the serviceman and his family (Resolution of the RF Government dated December 26, 2005 №808);
- Simplified enrollment of contract service members into civil higher education institutions.
Contract service members in positions of soldiers, sailors, NCOs and staff sergeants are entitled to the following additional state privileges:
- Compulsory full state insurance of servicemen and their property;
- Exemption from the income tax on service pays, monetary bonuses and other allowances due to servicemen during the term of their military service; exemption from the land tax and individual property tax;
- Payment of the entire residential space occupied by the servicemen and their family members in the houses of state, municipal and departmental housing funds; payment of communal services in any type of housing; installation and use of the telephone at a maximum of 50% fee. For the houses without central heating, servicemen are granted a 50% discount on the cost of fuel acquired within standard consumer quantities.