System of Forward-looking Military Research and Development
The system of forward-looking military research and development (SFLMRD) of the Russian Ministry of Defence: general information
The system of forward-looking military research and development (SFLMRD) of the Russian Ministry of Defence comes under command of the Deputy Minister of Defence directly who is responsible for the technical basis of the command system and information technology.
The central authorities of military management of the system of forward-looking military research and development of the Russian Ministry of Defence:
- Main Directorate of scientific research and engineering support of advanced technologies (innovative research) of the Russian Ministry of Defence
- Main Directorate of information and telecommunication technology of the Russian Ministry of Defence
- Main Scientific Research Test Center (MSRTC) of the Russian Ministry of Defence
SFLMRD performs the following tasks:
1. Organization of scientific work and engineering support of innovative research and development in the sphere of defence of the Russian Ministry of Defence.
2. Monitoring and analysis of the international science and development in order to prevent occurrence of such means which can represent a threat to the national security.
3. Taking advantage of national scientific resources and scientific potential of foreign states for the benefit of the national defence capability.
4. Setting the stage for competition in the promotion and usage of scientific ideas and development.
5. Organization of financing of forward-looking (innovative) research and projects for the benefit of defence.
6. Creation of a bank of ideas, innovations and forward-looking technologies and development which can be used to ensure the security of the state.
7. Organization of monitoring and training of potential staff in the sphere of innovations and high technologies.
|Address||84/32 Profsoyuznaya, Moscow, 117997|